Homemade Christmas Ornament - Noodle Angel
Here is a unique angel made with different sizes of noodles. This homemade Noodle Angel Christmas Ornament looks beautiful hanging on a Christmas tree. This sweet angel is perfect for gift giving besides hanging on your own Christmas tree.
This angel template was contributed by Free Applique Patterns
Noodle Angel Christmas Ornament
Craft a one-of-a-kind Christmas ornament with this delightful Noodle Angel project. This homemade Christmas ornament adds a touch of unique charm to your holiday decor, making it a perfect addition to your Christmas tree. It would also be a thoughtful and handcrafted gift option for your loved ones during the festive season.
This crafting template was generously provided by Free Applique Patterns, making it accessible and easy for you to create your own Noodle Angel ornament.
- White Thumbtack
- 3/4" Unfinished Wooden Ball
- Gloss White Spray Paint
- Red and Black Craft Paint
- Assorted noodles:
- Bow Tie Noodles (Farfalle Noodles)
- Macaroni Noodles
- Rigatoni Noodle
- Acini di pepe pasta
- Hot Glue
- Silicone Glue
Noodle Angel Instructions:
1. Begin by using the ragatoni noodle as the angel's body. Secure the 3/4" wooden ball to the body with hot glue, creating the head of the angel.
2. Prepare a small dish with the tiny Acini di pepe pasta noodles. Apply silicone glue to the top, sides, and back of the head where you want the hair, leaving the front side blank for the face. After applying all the glue to the head, roll the head in the tiny noodles by holding the body. If your angels hair looks a little sparse with bald spots, add some more noodles to look like the picture. Firmly press down on the noodles with the toothpick or your fingers.
3. If you plan to use the noodle angel as an ornament, take a 4" piece of heavy thread, fold it in half, and place the thread ends under the tiny hair noodles with the toothpick. Allow everything to dry before proceeding.
4. Use two bow tie noodles to fashion the angel's wings and two macaroni noodles for the arms. Attach the wings and arms using silicone glue. Insert a white thumbtack as a candlestick into the angel's hands and glue it in place. Allow all the glued parts to dry thoroughly before continuing.
5. Once the glue is dry, paint the entire noodle angel with white spray paint to create a uniform and festive appearance.
6. After the paint dries, use the end of a paintbrush or a stylus to delicately paint tiny eyes and a mouth on the angel's face. Add a touch of red paint to the top of the thumbtack to simulate a candle flame.
7. Lastly, craft a tiny red ribbon bow and attach it underneath the angel's head using glue.
With these simple and creative steps, you'll have a charming Noodle Angel Christmas ornament ready to adorn your tree or to give as a heartfelt gift. This handmade ornament embodies the spirit of the season, and its unique design is sure to capture the hearts of all who behold it. Enjoy the crafty joy of the holiday season as you bring your Noodle Angel to life!
More Dazzling Angels:
Christmas Crafts E-book - FREE!