| Miss Helga Herbs
No one loves herbs like Helga!
by Monica Wilson
Accent Country Color Paints:
Adobe Wash - Bottom of dress, wings, legs, stripes on cheeks.
Light Flesh - Face
Black Green - Dress
Barn Red - Heart, cheeks, mouth.
Soft Black - Eyes, linework.
Tumbleweed - Checkerboard on bottom section of dress.
Fingerberry Red - Stripes on legs.
You will need:
10" grapevine wreath
One 'N Only - brown fanci fiber hair
19 gauge wire
3" grapevine basket (hat)
|#1 Liner brush
Hot glue gun
½" pine for body, heart
¼"pine for wings
Two 9" - ¾ dowel rods for legs
- Trace the angel template onto the pine and cut it out. (Enlarge the line drawing to fit an 8 1/2 by 14 inch paper.)
- Basecoat all the wood - use light flesh for the face, black green for the dress, adobe wash for the bottom of the dress, legs and wings, and barn red for the heart.
Using fingerberry red paint, paint stripes on the legs. Use tumbleweed paint and checkerboard the bottom of the dress.
- Using adobe wash paint, letter and dot letters with the end of a one inch sponge brush. Using barn red paint dry brush the cheeks. Using soft black, make dots for the eyes.
- Stripe the cheeks using adobe wash and a number one liner. Drill holes and attach the legs using 19 gauge wire.
- Nail the heart on and sand all the edges. Using apple butter brown, antique all the wood pieces.
- Glue on the hair. Using wood glue, glue the wings to the body. Drill holes in the wings for hanging.
- Staple a basket to the angel's head and glue on the moss and flowers. Tear a ten inch grapevine wreath apart and staple it around the angel.
Copyright © Monica Wilson 2015
May be used for fun and profit and teaching in class. No mass or commercial reproduction without consent from
Monica Wilson. Thank you.
Back to the Template Page